|He That Has Ears To Hear, Let Him Hear|
Last Updated November 9, 2004
See Liberals for current resource
UNESCO - Stealing American Land
UNESCO influence in U.S. schools
Did you know about this one item of the UN Agenda??
UNESCO Stealing American Land The United Nations through their deceptive World Heritage Sites or Biosphere Reserves agenda already control the National Parks: Yellowstone, The Florida Everglades, The Grand Canyon, Thomas Jefferson's Home at Monticello, Independence Hall in Philadelphia, The Statute of Liberty, Redwood, Mammoth Cave, Great Smokey Mountains, Yosemite, and more American landmarks. Are you concerned? Can't be bothered? "If the citizens neglect their duty and place unprincipled men in office, the government will soon be corrupted; laws will be made not for the public good so much as for the selfish or local purposes." Daniel Webster "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." Thomas Paine Ask yourself? What's the alternative if you do not undergo the fatique of supporting your free American lifestyle?
Kent Snyder - The Liberty Committee http://www.thelibertycommittee.org June 15, 2004
In 1984, President Ronald
Reagan boldly withdrew the United States from the United Nations Economic,
Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to the "glee of conservatives and
despair of liberals," as long-time Reagan advisor Lyn Nofziger recalls in his
1992 book. Mr. Nofziger continues, "UNESCO is one of those international
organizations that always had one hand dipped in Uncle Sam's pocket while the
other was shaking a fist in his face. America's withdrawal was one of those
little victories conservatives won during the Reagan years...."
Unfortunately, in 2003, Congress approved more than $60 million to undo President Reagan's work and began paying "dues" to rejoin UNESCO. The U.S. will continue to pay $60 million annually -- which is a whopping 25% of UNESCO's entire yearly budget -- and leave the other 190 "member states" to divide up the remainder.
UNESCO seeks to levy an unconstitutional "global tax" for Internet use on U.S. citizens.
UNESCO has already laid claim to 47 "United Nations biosphere preserves" in the U.S. (more than 70 million acres) and bypasses congressional authority to tell us how we must manage our own land.
UNESCO further undermines U.S. sovereignty by forcing the U.S. to adhere to U.N. global policies and may even force unconstitutional restraints on U.S. freedom of the press.
UNESCO supports the "hate-America" global "cultural diversity" convention and interferes in the education policies of its member countries to control school curriculum and create "global citizens."
Even though Congress eventually approved the $60 million in annual dues to UNESCO, 145 members of the U.S. House voted on July 22, 2003 to withhold those funds. So there is still a sizeable block of opposition to UNESCO in the U.S. House.
To build on that opposition, Congressmen Ron Paul, Donald Manzullo, Steve King and Congresswoman Jo Ann Davis, on June 3, 2004, introduced H. Con. Res. 443 declaring that the U.S. should withdraw from UNESCO. Immediately, Representatives Roscoe Bartlett, Sam Johnson, Jeff Flake and John Culberson signed on as cosponsors. But we must have more.
Ask your U.S. representative to stand up for U.S. independence and send a strong signal to the promoters of global governance. Please urge your representative to become a cosponsor of H. Con. Res. 443 by going to http://capwiz.com/liberty/issues/bills/?bill=5994861
UNESCO is another assault on America's sovereignty!
APC NEWS WIRE
July 2, 2003 Volume 6, Issue 9
A Publication of the American Policy Center
Tom DeWeese, President - Peyton Knight, Editor
*** The U.S. Must NOT Rejoin UNESCO!
Last fall, President Bush told the United Nations that the United States would rejoin UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) in a shameless attempt to curry the favor of U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan during a period of strained relations. Now those horrible chickens are coming home to roost. H.R. 1950, the "Foreign Relations Authorization Act," includes a provision that both expresses the sense of Congress that the U.S. is resuming membership in UNESCO, and authorizes dues payments to UNESCO. Congress plans to vote on H.R. 1950 sometime in the next few weeks! We have no time to lose. We must tell
Congress NOT to rejoin UNESCO!
President Reagan pulled the plug on U.S. participation in UNESCO in 1984 due to the organization's corruption and history of undermining the sovereignty of the United States. Now President Bush and Congress are prepared to force the U.S. back into this disgusting organization that loathes the principles upon which our nation was founded.
Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) has sponsored a Congressional resolution to prevent the U.S. from rejoining UNESCO (H. Con. Res. 4). The resolution notes the following evils and horrors of U.S. involvement in UNESCO:
- The U.S. only has a single vote in UNESCO despite the fact that it pays 25% of total budget.
- UNESCO membership may force unconstitutional restraints on freedom of press in the U.S.
- UNESCO, through an agreement with the U.S. Department of State, has designated 47 U.N. biosphere reserves in the U.S. containing more than 70 million acres-all without congressional consultation or approval.
- UNESCO bypasses congressional authority to manage Federal lands by establishing management policies without the approval or consent of Congress.
- UNESCO membership would undermine U.S. sovereignty by forcing the U.S. to adhere to the U.N. global policy on bioethics.
- UNESCO seeks to collect an unconstitutional global tax on Internet use on U.S. citizens.
- UNESCO has long meddled in the education policies of its member-countries and even sought to dictate school curriculum for United States children, thus undermining U.S. sovereignty.
Make no doubt about it. UNESCO is a DANGEROUS organization that detests American sovereignty and seeks to infiltrate the minds of U.S. children-steering them away from the idea of American virtues and nationalism and towards a global-citizenship mindset.
THE U.S. MUST NEVER REJOIN UNESCO! PLEASE READ THE ACTION TO TAKE BELOW!
** Action to Take **
1. Call your Representative and urge him/her to either sponsor or support an amendment to the Foreign Relations Authorization Act that would strike funding for UNESCO and U.S. participation in UNESCO. Call early and often! The United States must NEVER rejoin this sovereignty-stealing, cesspool of corruption! If you prefer to E-mail your Representative (though calling is MUCH more effective) go to http://www.americanpolicy.org/congresslinks.htm and follow the instructions.
2. Click http://www.referralblast.com/rblast.asp?sid=5906 to send this APC Action Alert to up to TEN of your friends!